First post for Hayu Cooking! Hello, Hanis here. Welcome to Hayu Cooking. For the first post, I want to share my favorite recipe. I made this recipe at least once a
month, which is quite often for Indonesian who eat rice every day instead of pasta.
I cooked pasta for the first time when I was at high school. My friend teached me how to boil the pasta and how to make the bolognese sauce. When I tasted it, woow
its something that I never tasted before and sooo good. Since then I fall in love with this pasta-thing and try making another sauces. Now I make pasta at least three
times a week with different sauces. But this bolognese sauce has special place in my heart haha, because its the first sauce I made.
Maybe the recipe and the instruction is different with yours, but the ingredients and measurement is just perfect for me. If you want vegetables in the sauce for
healthier choice, you can add chopped carrots or mushrooms and kids who hate vegetables wont notice it. I swear. Ive tried it before for my younger sister who didt
like vegetables and she really liked it.
If you didnt have tomato paste, you can substitute it with ketchup (tomato sauce). I sometimes also use it if I dont have tomato paste. And also if you cant find
parmesan cheese in you area, which is quite hard to find at small town in Indonesia, you can substitute it with any cheese you can find in your area.
So yeah, make it and tell me how it taste.
Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 4
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
250 gr spaghetti, uncooked
300 gr ground beef
1 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 medium tomato
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chili sauce, if you like it spicy
1 cup water, from boiling pasta
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp shredded parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped parsley
salt, to your taste
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package, add tomato before it’s boiling.
2. Drain the cooked spaghetti and tomato. Separate tomato from its skin and put the peeled tomato on a plate and crush it.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add ground beef. Cook and stir frequently until cooked. Add water from boiling pasta, crushed tomato, tomato paste, chili sauce, and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Cook until the sauce is thicken for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add sugar, ground black pepper and adjust with salt, to your taste.
6. Place the spaghetti and bolognese sauce on a plate. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.