Hey hello, this time Yulis turn to share simple and awesome recipe. This recipe is all about vegetables, again. Did Hani mention that we love vegetables? This morning I meet Abah, our favorite vegetable vendor. I saw water spinach in his stall and I think its a good time to share healthy recipe which is full of greens.
Well, I want to give you some important information about water spinach. It contains of many essential oils such as estragol, cineol, incomene, and phelandrene, the oils that help reduce bad breath.It is very useful for me who meet many people and villagers at work.
I usually saute the stem about two minutes earlier over high heat before I add the leaves because it has different doneness. Please make this simple and healthy recipe.
Sauted Water Spinach with Oyster Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 4
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 mins
10 stalks or 5 cups water spinach, stem and leaves separated
2 cloves garlic
½ tbsp oyster sauce
½ medium tomato, divided by 4
1 inch galangal, crushed
1 bay leaf
½ tsp granulated sugar
¼ cup water
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mash garlic, shallot and salt using pestle and mortar into a paste.
2. Saute a paste, galangal, and bay leaf in a skillet over medium high heat until fragrant.
3. Add the oyster sauce and water.
4. Add the chopped stems of water spinach, cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Then add the leaves and tomato, cook for 1 more minute.
5. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
6. Set aside, serve on a plate and enjoy.