Hey, its Hani again. Because of some reasons Im in charge making two recipe posts this week. As you may know several days ago I made Mie Ayam or Indonesian Chicken Noodles, one of popular street foods in Indonesia. You can check that out.
For this recipe I got the inspiration from the amazing Chef John. Long before I started blogging Ive already subscribe to his youtube account and until now it always be my favorite youtube channel. His instructions are easy to follow and also he is so funny.
By the way I adapted his mashed potatoes recipe a bit. I didnt have milk at the moment I made this, so I substitute it with two tablespoons of heavy cream. And the taste? Sooo delicious I think the taste is the same. And this recipe doesnt include gazillions of ingredients, you may have them in your pantry right now.
And Im sorry this post is quite short because Im preparing special spring recipes for next week. Yulis and I cooked and tested the recipes for two consecutive nights. Lacked of sleep but we are happy how delicious the foods are. Stay tuned!
Easy Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: 3-4
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 large potatoes, russets or yukon gold potato will be the best
2 tbsp salted butter
2 tbsp heavy cream
Water, for simmering
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped green onion or chives, for garnish
1. Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise in half.
2. In a pan add potatoes. Add water until water level at least 1 inch above the potatoes. Bring potatoes to boil over high heat. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are easy to be poked with fork.
3. Do not turn off the heat. Drain all of the water and continue to cook for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
4. Mash potatoes with potato masher.
5. Add salted butter and stir until combined.
6. Add heavy cream and stir until combined.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Garnish with chopped green onion or chives.
Adapted from Food Wishes