Chicken and Mushroom Spaghetti. Simple pasta dishes for lunch or dinner.
Its really simple. Seriously. The ingredients is not that much and probably you always have them in your pantry. No special weird spices, just ordinary shallots and garlic. I added red chilli and parsley for a little bit kick and for shake of appereance haha.
You can add any cheeses you like but I just want to make this dish simple and tasted earthy. When you finish cooking the chicken, dont wash the skillet! There is great flavor from the browned chicken bits on the skillet. We call it fond. It will make huge difference in taste (maybe only me) if you clean the skillet after you cooked the chicken.
Oh, and dont forget to brown the mushroom. Mushroom will tasted better and more meaty (in my opinion) when you cooked it longer. It will shrink in size and the color will become darker because the water contained in the mushroom is reduced.
The Messier The Food, The Better The Flavor.
I ever read this quote somewhere when I go to supermarket. And yes. Sometimes thats true.
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 4
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
250 gr chicken breast, diced
300 gr button mushroom, sliced
500 gr spaghetti
4 cloves shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large red chilli, sliced (if you like it spicy)
½ water or chicken broth
1 tbsp oil, I used coconut oil
1 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
Pinch of blackpepper
salt, to your taste
1. Before cooking, marinate chicken with a pinch of blackpepper and salt.
2. Cook the spaghetti according to the package direction. Set aside.
3. Heat a skillet on a medium high heat. Add ½ tbsp oil. Before it smoked, add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Set aside and place on a plate.
4. On the same skillet add remaining oil. Cook the shallots, garlic and chilli for 1 minute then add the mushroom and cook for 10 more minutes until it reduces in size and the color turns brown. Add the chicken, water and cooked spaghetti.
5. Adjust with blackpepper and salt, to your taste.
6. Place on a plate. Garnish with chopped parsley.
You can add cheese if you like.