Caramelized banana with ice cream. Simple yet fancy dessert for sweet tooth.
Banana. Caramelized. Ice cream. Melt chocolate.
You heard me right. Personally I like those words, just by themselves. But I wonder what would that be if I combined all of them in one recipe.
For caramelized banana, its gonna be the best if you use unripe one. Maybe I too often find unripe bananas almost all the time when my mom bought them. When I dont have a patience to wait several days for eating ripe bananas, my sisters and I just sear them in a pan with butter or coconut oil then sprinkle them with granulated sugar. Your home will smell really really good when you finish cooking them.
If you inevitably use ripe banana for this recipe, it will taste really good, too. But you will have a trouble when you sear it in a pan. The texture will become mushy and it will be hard for you to flip it.
Anyway top it with your favorite ice cream.
And drizzle with melt dark chocolate.
Caramelized Banana with Ice Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: 2
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 scoop ice cream, any flavor
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp salted butter
50 g dark couverture chocolate, melted
1. Slice one banana lengthwise into 4 pieces. You will have 8 pieces from 2 bananas.
2. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Powdered sugar will make bananas easier and faster to caramelized.
3. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add salted butter.
4. When all of the butter has melted, add sliced bananas. Sear it until golden brown. Flip it and wait until the other side color is also golden brown.
5. Set aside. Put and divide them onto 2 plates.
6. Add 2 scoops of ice cream for each plate.
7. Drizzle with melt dark chocolate.